Education & Qualifications
– Qualified Teacher Status
– Degree or equivalent
– Evidence of continuing professional development and a commitment to personal lifelong learning.
Work related experience
– Experienced teacher (Exceptional NQTs will be considered)
– Experience of teaching in more than one school.
– Experience of teaching all secondary key stages up to and including Key Stage 5
– Experience of successful strategies for raising students’ achievement with innovative pedagogy.
– Experience of promoting students’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural development and their good behaviour.
– Experience of implementing strategies for challenging all students and particularly stretching the most able.
– Experience of the strategies for improving the quality of teaching and learning including promoting excellence and challenging poor performance.
– Experience of strategies for curriculum enrichment that have shown successful impact for all age groups. Knowledge of integrated curricula and student leadership development preferred.
– Experience of thinking and planning strategically for the future.
– A commitment to innovation, creativity and change in school.
– Experience of the impact of equality of opportunity, British values and inclusion policies on students and staff.
– Experience of developing new educational provision from concept to delivery.
– Excellent subject knowledge, including recent reforms.
– Evidence of development of subject pedagogy via research led practice.
– Knowledge of the school’s local area, its communities and the issues within those communities.
– Commitment to an enriched curriculum where students and staff join in with a range of different activities.
– An enhanced DBS disclosure is required.
– Experience of how school values can be established and embedded.
– Creative, positive thinker prepared to keep JTFS at the forefront of educational practice.
– Be a good team player, with the ability to get the best out of colleagues and to listen to and value their contributions – an “energy creator”!
– Enjoy working with young people and believe in the power of education to change their lives.
– Be able to demonstrate a friendly but authoritative presence with students.
– Have a generous spirit and a “can do” attitude.