Education & Qualifications
– Qualified Teacher Status
– Degree or equivalent
– Evidence of continuing professional development including preparation for a senior leadership role
Work related experience
– Experience as a Deputy Head/Assistant Head
– Experience of responsibility in more than one school.
– Experience of teaching all secondary key stages up to and including Key Stage 5
– Experience of successful strategies for raising students’ achievement with innovative pedagogy.
– Experience of promoting students spiritual, moral, social and cultural development and their good behaviour.
– Experience of implementing and overseeing successful school improvement initiatives
– Experience of the strategies for improving the quality of teaching and learning including promoting excellence and challenging poor performance
– Experience of monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness of teaching and learning including its outcomes in terms of standards, achievement, personal development and well being
– Experience of strategies for curriculum enrichment that have shown successful impact for all age groups. Knowledge of integrated curricula and student leadership development preferred.
– Experience of and strategies for effectively managing a wide range of staff both teaching and non-teaching.
– Experience of thinking and planning strategically for the future.
– Experience of leading innovation, creativity and change in school.
– Experience of the impact of equality of opportunity, British values and inclusion policies on students and staff.
– Experience of developing new educational provision from concept to delivery.
Skills & Abilities
– Able to nurture, inspire, challenge and motivate students and staff.
– Able to be an exemplary role model to students and staff.
– Able to establish and sustain effective organisational structures, systems, policy and practice, including safeguarding.
– Have an in depth knowledge of how technology can transform learning.
– Able to build and sustain effective relationships with all stakeholders that will enhance the education of all students.
– Able to work in partnership and accept appropriate support from all stakeholders including the local community.
– Knowledge of the principles and practice of Quality Assurance systems including school review, self-evaluation and appraisal.
– Knowledge of the school’s local area, its communities and the issues within those communities.
– Requirement to work flexibly to meet the demands of the post including some evening and weekend work.
– An enhanced DBS disclosure is required.
– Experience of how school values can be established and embedded.
– Creative, positive thinker prepared to keep JTFS at the forefront of educational practice
– Be a good team player, with the ability to get the best out of colleagues and to listen to and value their contributions – an “energy creator”!
– Enjoy working with young people and believe in the power of education to change their lives.
– Be able to demonstrate a friendly but authoritative presence with students.
– Have a generous spirit and a “can do” attitude.